Becoming an organiser of a Climate Flag group is a positive way to talk about climate change and action in your community. Flag sewing, decorating and flying sessions allow for climate conversations and community building. They also enable you to find ‘your people;Clim’ those who are concerned about climate change.
Download this flyer to spread the word about the Climate Flags project and find your people to start a group.
- Climate Flag organisers are the people who organise sewing days and decorating events. Organisers also find public places to fly flags in their community and they keep their eye out for events where they can raise flags.
- We encourage organisers to join the Climate Flags email list to hear about events where strings of flags will converge to fly together in one huge chorus. Email email@example.com to join our email list. Events will also be advertised on this website and through social media.
- Keeping a record of flag makers is a crucial part of the Climate Flag project. This record is a petition that will demonstrate to our political and business leaders how many individuals from their community are demanding action on climate change. Organisers will keep a record of flag makers names and postcodes (no other personal details are required). Organisers will send a copy of their flag record sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org to be stored in a central database.
- Take photos of flags and their makers will be added to this website and shared on social media. Contact email@example.com to find out more about sharing photos and ensuring you have consent to use the photos.
- If your group are keen sewers you could send flags to other groups who don’t have the capacity to sew. Remote communities, kids and the elderly may not have the capacity to sew.